Certificate of origin
Registration of the certificate of origin is obligatory for those enterprises which are engaged in export and import. The document call still the customs certificate.
What forms of the certificate of origin exist
They distinguish ST-1 certificate, a form A, the certificate of the general form.
The certificate of ST-1 is filled in when deliveries of production are carried out between CIS countries. Existence of such certificate gives the chance to use financial privileges when passing through customs.
The form A is made out when the Russian producer or trade organization delivers the production or goods to the USA, Turkey, Canada, the country of the European community. To the enterprises which have issued the certificate in such form, financial privileges are also put.
The certificate of the general form make out when delivery to the countries of the world which haven’t been specified earlier is carried out. Registration of the document doesn’t grant the right to financial privileges when passing customs, it only confirms that production is made in Russia.
How to receive the certificate?
In the Russian Federation the certificate is issued by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) and its territorial offices. The certificate only is issued for that production by which production not less than a half of expenses it was made in Russia.
Procedure of issue of the document is stated in the Law “About Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the Russian Federation” adopted by 07.07.93.
For obtaining the certificate it is necessary to file such documents to Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
- the certificate of conformity which confirms the Russian origin of production. If such document isn’t present, it the operation manual can replace, the conclusions of sanitary and epidemiologic bodies, the manufacturing plant letter, the passport with production and so forth;
- invoices, consignment notes on production realization;
- the contract between the Russian supplier and the foreign buyer;
- certificate on state registration of the supplier;
- the letter which contains % calculation – го contents in production of raw materials and other expenses in terms of money;
- the documents confirming an origin of production, accessories – consignment notes, invoices, contracts;
- the letter with information on a goods route where the type of transport, a type of packaging, net weight and gross is specified.
The certificate within one-two days from the date of submission of the specified documents is issued.