ISO 14001 certificate
ISO 14001 certificate – the document which confirms compliance of production and enterprise activity to the ISO 14001:2004 standard of the international value which has established requirements to System of ecological management.
The ISO 14001 standard is compatible to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, it is applicable for any enterprise, is made out on a voluntary basis. The standard contains such elements of system of ecological management, as the management program, strategy, tasks and the purposes, expeditious control, training, an assessment and monitoring, internal audits, the management analysis. Introduction of the ISO 14000 standards is carried out for the purpose of reduction of negative influence of activity of the organization by environment and ensuring rational use of resources.
Certification according to the ISO 14001:2004 standard is carried out as well as certification according to safety and quality standards.
The enterprises for which ISO 14001 certificate is necessary
Certification according to the ISO 14001 standard first of all is desirable for the organizations, which:
- realize production in the international market and cooperate with foreign partners;
- carry out municipal, state orders for production delivery, service;
- are going to take part in tenders or auctions, to sign the new favorable contract, to attract new investors.
Advantages which obtaining the certificate gives
The organization which has proved of compliance to the international environmental standard has an opportunity to economize the energy and using resources owing to the most effective strategy of management, increase of level of estimated cost of fixed assets.
Besides this enterprises which has the certificate of ISO 14001 can to enter the international market, including the market of environmentally friendly products.
Requirements to documentation for obtaining the ISO 14001 certificate
Requirements to documentation necessary for obtaining the certificate are regulated by section 4.4.5 of the ISO standard.
In the standard it is specified that documentation of system of ecological management includes:
- description of ecological policy of the enterprise;
- the description of a scope of ecological management at the enterprise;
- description of basic elements of system of ecological safety;
- the documents established by the enterprise, as necessary for realization of the processes connected with ecological aspects and management of these processes.
The ISO 14001 certificate is issued for three years and the organization annually confirms compliance of the activity to the standard.